Old Low Light room hire information from September 2020 – Covid 19 secure
The Old Low Light Heritage and Community Centre’s top floor, is once again available for hire.
The top floor can be hired Monday-Thursday, however no other spaces are currently being rented out.
Any hire must be completed in a Covid-19 secure fashion, and as such people wishing to use the space must comply with the following rules.
- The organiser must satisfy themselves that their attendees are healthy and have not been in contact with anyone with Covid 19 and show no symptoms of the disease.
- Good hand and respiratory hygiene practices must be followed at all times.
- Masks must be worn while entering the building. Masks do not need to be worn while in the group setting on the top floor, although organisers should consider if this is appropriate for their group.
- A risk assessment must be completed before attending for the first meeting and this should be available for the Old Low Light to view should this be necessary.
- Everyone who hires The Old Low Light is required to keep a log of who is attending and their contact details in case these are needed to pass onto tract and trace organisation.
- Due to the 2-metre social distancing rule only 20 people are allowed on the top floor at the moment. Please ensure all social distancing is adhered to whilst your group is in progress.
- The organiser of the meeting/group session must be on site before the group arrives and ensure that they go directly to the top floor following the signs indication direction and sanitising as they enter and leave the building.
- The W/C facilities are on the first floor and the rest of the building’s facilities will not be available to attendees.
The room will be sanitised before and after your visit, but it is still very important that you adhere to the rules.
As of 14th September 2020, it is illegal for groups of more than 6 to gather. There will be exceptions where groups can be larger than 6 people. Those applicable to Old Low Light room hire are as follows:
- for work, and voluntary or charitable services
- for education, training, or registered childcare (including wraparound care)
- fulfilling legal obligations such as attending court, probation or jury service
- providing emergency assistance, or providing support to a vulnerable person
- participate in children’s playgroups
- wedding and civil partnership ceremonies and receptions, or for other religious life-cycle ceremonies – where up to 30 people will be able to attend
- funerals – where up to 30 people will be able to attend
- organised indoor and outdoor sports, physical activity and exercise classes (such as Yoga, Pilates or Mindfulness)
- youth groups or activities
Other social functions such as parties, or community groups are not currently permissible.
Within normal opening hours –
10.00 am – 4.00pm £20.00 per hour
Evenings and early mornings
6.00 am – 10.00 am & 5.00 pm – 10.00 pm £30.00 per hour
10.00 pm – 6.00 am £50.00 per hour